, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Wild Rose Water

12:06 PM

For as long as I can remember, I've been enchanted by everything Victorian (and Renaissance, and Medieval, and... old).  I have seen plenty of recipes calling for rosewater for both bath and body and for baking. When the wild roses bloomed this year is huge CRAZY amounts in the backyard, I couldn't help myself.  Making my own rosewater was so easy to do and a really fun project.  I can't wait to try it out in some recipes which I plan to share on here as I go.  The Rosewater from this particular recipe is supposed to keep for up to 1 month in the refridgerator.



Wild Victorian Rose Water
3 quarts wild rose blossoms (or petals from organic domestic roses)
1 quart water

I was originally trying to distill rosewater (Rosemary Gladstar's recipe) , but didn't have enough ice... that's why the cup is in the pot in this picture.  I took it out halfway though.

Bring 1 quart of pure water to a rolling boil in a large pot.  Add your rose blossoms, simmer for 20 minutes.  Strain the rose water and put it in a sealed  quart sized jar (Mason jar works just fine).  Refridgerate for up to 1 month.

That's it!  

 Enjoy!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook